Nelson Arciniegas Esq.
Nelson concentrates his practice on representing foreign clients doing business in the Dominican Republic, as well as local companies and individuals in transnational matters. Nelson works extensively with contracts, commercial and real estate transactions, breach of agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and investment planning.
Nelson is a dedicated practitioner of corporate and entity governance, equity and asset purchase transactions, and securities law.
Prior to joining Arciniegas Abogados, Nelson was a Deputy Judge Advocate General for the Dominican Armed Forces, the Legal Manager of a Dominican law firm founded by a former President of the Dominican Republic, and a Foreign Counsel for a large international private investment bank in Miami.
Nelson is multilingual, comfortable with multicultural settings and enjoys assisting international clients investing in the Dominican Republic.
Practice Focus Areas
Private Offerings of Securities and Business Financing Transactions
Arbitration Dispute Representation
Mergers and Acquisitions of Private Entities
International Real Property Transactions
International Intellectual Property Protection and Enforcement
International and Transnational Transactions
• Juris Doctor, Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Ureña (UNPHU) Law School, Magna Cum Laude, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 2001.
• Master of Laws in Business Law, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria-Ilustre Colegio de Madrid, Madrid Spain, 2004. Fundacion Carolina Scholar.
• Master of Laws in International Law, University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, USA, 2007. Rafael Benitez Scholar.
• Diploma in Judicial and Legal Interpretation-Translation, Dominican Republic Supreme Court of Justice -Alliance Francais de Saint-Domingue-Universidad Dominico Americano, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 2002.
• Diploma in Business Administration, Mcgill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2011.